iphone 5 case contest fail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Josenarvaez, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    hi everyone i uploaded recently my design for the iphone 5 contest but i have some issue . when i upload the model it moves the logo i uploaded many times in different formats and stills the same, formats obj, dae, wrl, etc this is the model https://www.shapeways.com/model/734748/2bb068cf664368f57129ed 18148ac4cf i worked this in sketchup i hope someone can help me with this iphone 5.jpg

2. Pics can help explain alot, but sometimes looking at the model file is the only way to solve a problem. Post a link to the file. Folks here are honorable enough to help, not steal your creation.
    Keith

3. bartv
    bartv Member
    A good sanity check is to open your exported file in MeshLab (https://meshlab.sourceforge.net/ - free, open source software). If it shows up correctly, then there may be an issue with the Shapeways renderer. If it fails to show correctly, then there's a problem with the export of your file.

Cheers,

Bart

4. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
  5. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
  6. What were the original dimensions in Sketchup Jimmynar?

7. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    medida iphone case_1.jpg

here you can see original dimensions (external measures)

8. Shapeways had the same dimensions for length and width as the original had. Was just in cm, not mm. The reason the height was off was caused by the logo sitting on top of the hexagon mesh. Nice model by the way.:)
    Keith

9. bartv
    bartv Member
    I'm glad you've got it all figured out. So was a re-export from MeshLab the solution? Maybe there was something odd going on with the original Sketchup export that our Mesh Medic software tried to fix, but failed. (like inverted normals or non-manifoldness in the leaf).

Bart

10. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    thanks for the advices it really works :)

11. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    i exported from sketchup to collada. dae and i open it with meshlab and re-exported as you said in .dae and it uploaded succesfully :) thank you very much for your help

12. bartv
    bartv Member
    Glad to hear it!

Bart