shipping costs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brick, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brick
    Brick Member
    i havent been here in several months. I had one item made ($28), and the shipping was $15. (Toronto, Canada)

so, have the shipping prices come down at all? I remember reading back then about opening a new location, which could bring down prices, etc....

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Depends. Are you just talking about the shipping charged by Shapeways at time of ordering? That should have been $6.50. If you were charged more is there a possibility you have a different country set up in your account?

Now, if you're talking about getting robbed, er, charged by UPS at time of delivery then, no, there has been no change there. I once got charged $14 for a $7.50 model. Shapeways is still looking into offering different shipping options but it's a long process.

Glenn

3. Phxman
    Phxman Member
    In an eco-friendly business and all there cuddly kind of objectives, it would be nice
    to see Shapeways support poor old USPS.

3 days Coast to coast is the norm for their option of Priority Mail boxes at $5.20.

- and the box is free!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  4. Brick
    Brick Member
    ya the UPS thing is what I was talking about. Bummer that it's still an issue.

5. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
  6. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    PRIORITIZE! :eek:

7. Brick
    Brick Member
    I'n not why again you're asking to let you know if it's a burning issue.

Clearly from the thread you've provided, you are losing business, and people have said there it is a burning issue. It also looks like some said it's been a big issue for many months now. You said in that thread to let you know if it's a big problem, members said it is, and here you are asking again.

How many times do people need to say it....

8. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Please continue your discussion on the thread Natalia linked to. We know this is a burning issue for some. There are currently issues that are burning for all that must be resolved first. I know it's frustrating, as the shipping dilemma has been around for a while. But please keep the discussion constructive. I'm locking this thread, but please feel free to use the thread Natalia linked to. That way we can consolidate the conversation and keep better track of the effect of the current shipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.