Site re-design bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by lensman, Jul 25, 2012.

1. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I hope this isn't going to be a trend like the last site re-design...

My shop banner does not display on my Public Shop page, whether I am logged in or not. It displays fine on my editing view of the shop.

Glenn

EDIT: 26th July - Banner is now displaying correctly.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    My banner is still there, but my shop logo is gone

Greetings
    Karl Heinz

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  3. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    What internet program are you using, and version number? This will help track down where issues are.

5. scientist2010
    scientist2010 Member
    I experienced the same problems.

<i></i> and <b></b> tags to make text italic or bold do not work any more. The text is shown as normal.

I use Safari 5.1.5, but I do not think there was a problem with the program, because until the re-design it worked perfectly well.

Thanks for fixing in advance,

Marie

6. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Instead of <b></b>, use <strong></strong> for bold text, which is supported in Shapeways model pages description. More info about other tags can be found at https://www.w3schools.com/html5/tag_i.asp

For <i></i>, not sure about that as it is recommened to use another method, maybe hack Shapeways stylesheet for the appropriate style or include font-style:italic into the description if that's supported.

[edit]lol... the 'i' tags I used within the paragraph above have been ignored = stylesheet overide - quote this post and you'll see where there should be italics

7. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    <SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic">Something here</SPAN> works for italics in model page description :)

8. scientist2010
    scientist2010 Member
    Thank you!!

Your solution for italic text works very well.
    The tip using <span> for everything is great. I tried different things and found that <strong></strong> is really the replacement of <b></b.

Howsoever, it works!

Greetings,
    Marie