Which Software?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tempusr162447_8bd191a501, Jul 14, 2012.

1. What Software.jpg Which software program is being used by you experienced modelers and Shapeways to generate the information circled in red? I want to get that program to measure my new models better and avoid reject on print issues to save a few weeks time going back and forth experimenting. I am using Sketchup but its time to move up in capability I guess.

I looked hard in the forums and believe it's likely one of the programs in the tutorials. I just cant seem to figure out which one. Hopefully its not one of the expensive ones.

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
  3. 25182_deleted
    25182_deleted Member
    The software used in the image is called Magics and is made by a company called competitive service. The full software is very expensive indeed - but they have a free version available called MiniMagics.

It's fairly basic in its functionality, but will allow you to do those measurements and also highlight (but not fix) STL file issues.

4. Thank You. Very much appreciated,

Looks like Minimagic is PC only. I think I'll switch all modeling over to PC as I am getting tired of non-mac compatible great software.