Not attached?

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 134932_deleted, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Hi,

I recently had a model rejected due to certain features not being attached. How can I resolve this?

I don't understand how they're not attached to the rest of the model.

If anyone can help I've attached the x3d file.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Just imported the file into blender and it does seem be be detached - how does this happen? It seems fine in blender, but the exported x3d file messes up.

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It's hard to tell without the original file. How did it become detached? is there missing geometry?

I tried opening your x3d and my blender says 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 48: ordinal not in range(128)

I'm lucky if I could draw a line in blender so I have no idea what that means.

4. That's the thing, I don't know why it became detached. I don't think it happens when I export it to an obj file, just x3d for some reason. But I need export it to x3d for the textures.

I'm completely baffled by this.

I just downloaded the x3d file and didn't get any errors, do you need the blend file? It's attached if so.

Attached Files:

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Looks like maybe it was because I was using an older version, but I opened your blend file in 2.59 and all I see is wires, no faces?

6. Could be an issue of an older version of blender, I'm using 2.63. There's definitely faces. :D

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Alright downloaded 2.63. Like I said, no blender expert here. I imported your x3d and I'm not seeing any detatched pieces, but I see that it is not 1. Like I can select pieces of it. Is that what you mean? if so, I don't think I can help you further, need a blender person to step in.

8. Yea, I assume that's the issue I'm having with printing. Those pieces being separate is making it not watertight? The original is whole. Like I said, I'm at a complete loss.

I've e-mailed shapeways and hope they can help me resolve this.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort mate.