How to set up a product to sell with Valve
This is a crash course in the process to create a product for sale and enter into the Valve Licensing Agreement.
- Set up a Shapeways shop if you haven't already
- Upload your 3D model
- Once the model file is successfully uploaded and processed, you can take a look at the printability and prices. This is a good opportunity to make any adjustments necessary and update the model. When you’re ready to sell, click the button "Create Product" in the top right.
- Check both "Offer for sale to others" and "Display to public"
- Add a title and short description
- Categorize your product as accurately as possible. This will be the section of the Shapeways Marketplace it can be found in. Think about where most of your customers would go and look to find your product. Add any marketplace facets that are relevant; I put my Rapier into the "Tabletop & Wargaming" category, and added facet Type "Accessory or weapon".
- Tag your product with the game it's from so that your customers can find it. Once you have entered your tags you will be able to accept the Valve licensing agreement. Here I tagged “dota2” and hit enter to make the tag. Once I had entered my tags the licensing agreement appeared below. I read the terms and accept the license.
- Under the "Materials and Selling" section, add the materials you'd like to sell your products in. Check the box next to the material(s) of choice, and add your markup. Make sure there is enough markup to cover the 10% that will go to Valve.
- Save all changes to your product.
Congrats, you are ready to sell with Valve!
Get more help in our Forums