My first project was creating earrings for my wife.
- I had our three sons record "I love you"
- I created a 3d representation of the waveform for each.
- I assembled them into an earring.
- Shapeways printed them
- Gave them to my wife on Mother's Day
- Watched as she cried when she realized she would have "I love you" from her boys dangling from her ears.
The first project was done completely by hand. I have now coded some helper functions to automate some of the process.
If you send me an mp3 or wave file(s), I will create the model, upload the design to Shapeways, send you a link, and then you can order it.