8.31.15 - This model is proving to be difficult to get through the Shapeways customer checks. I have decided to offer this to customers via Print It Anyway through my cart. If you want this model, contact me via the message system and we can discuss ordering and paypal payments.
Print-It-Anyway bypasses the SW final checks and sends me the model as is. I have printed it this way 3x so far. The only difference, you would pay me to buy it, ill re-ship it once it arrives on my doorstep. There is also a discount. I will charge only my cost +S/H.
***This model DOES NOT INCLUDE details such as the handrails, Ladders, and Safety Cage***
N Scale 1:160 Intermodal Straddle Carrier based on a KalmarGlobal
design to transport 20/40' containers.
NOTE: Minor Assembly Required
Adding Details: (Brass)
- Remove the Yellow Printing Sprues from the Main Chassis and Wheels, Remove the WHITE small pieces connecting the Cable Hooks to each other. (see picture below)
- Insert the Spreader Assembly into the Chassis affixing each legs 'pads' onto a Chassis vertical leg at your desired height. Keep in mind if you are modeling for transport/placement or removal/placement to/from trailer or stacks
- Decide if you want a 20' or 40' version and continue.
- To add visual impact, you can add a chain system. I've added photo renderings of how you can route some thread to simulate the chains used to raise and lower the spreader.
- Mount the cab so that the Ladder reaches the top of the vertical mast or reference the image
All of the railings are removed on this model to allow a better option for super detailing. You can craft your own handrails, safety ladder w/ cage and cab ladder from simple brass wires available in most hobby shops.
An alternative is to purchase items pre-made and cut them to fit. I recommend the following, but there are many options.
20' Foot Version (GREEN)
- Gold Medal Models - 160-34, 160-38 and 160-59 or
- Ngineering - Ladders and 3-Bar.
- Reference images are attached as images. LIGHT BLUE are the parts that need to be replicated.
40' Foot Version (BLUE)
- Insert the extenders into the center of the Spreader Assembly. Position each one evenly on each side and from end to end should be 20~. Once set, glue in place.
- Take the small Cable Hook (Green One) and affix it onto the cable trough on the end edges of the Spreader. The non hook end will be affixed to the 'T' of the Extender Arm. (see ref. image)
Spare Parts -
- Repeat above, except use the long Cable Hook (Blue).
Top Equalizer, Cabs and Hoist/Spreader are available separately if parts become broken or if you want to print in FXD.
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out my other intermodal products to go along with this model!