PLEASE NOTE: this one uses specific caps will NOT work with regular spinner caps, read below:
Specific deluxe features:
- Dust resistant ridge and groove "labryinth seal" feature to help keep dust out of bearings.
- Bearing seat helps square bearing to axis to reduce wobble.
- Accepts retaining ring for positive bearing retention ,does not rely on bearing press only.
- Slightly thicker, matter of preference as to if this is desired.
Sleek tri lobed Fidget spinner using standard 608 "skate" bearings (8mm x 22mm x 7mm). It uses .500" balls (stainless reccomended) for the weights that can be found inexpensively online in places such as auction sites. Just search on .5" stainless ball, or 1/2 in stainless ball etc. The dimensions of this spinner are 40mm radius from center to outer edge.
Finishing: Done first (easier than when balls/bearings are in)
1) It is reccomended that you first seal the finish on the spinner with a few light coats of clear acrylic spray (Krylon etc.) this makes cleaning easier and resists grime better as it fills in the pores. If you have inserts, add them before sealing to coat them too.
2) After sealant is dry burnish desired areas to smooth out surface DO NOT SAND colored plastic the dye layer will be removed (Metallic plastic CAN be sanded). This can be done with a smooth hard tool like a stainless handle of a spoon, shank of screwdriver etc.
1) Test balls and bearing pressfit into body, bearing can be locked in with optional retaining ring. If too tight DO NOT FORCE you may crack the plastic, see item 2.
2) 3D printing is great but size may vary slightly. Because of this sometimes bearings/balls may be a little too tight. If this happens a light scrape from a hobby knife in a circle in holes will usually open up enough. Do a LITTLE at a time and try, too much and things will be too loose.
3) Press in balls. Put a few drops of cyanoacrylate (super glue) on the BALL and let it drip into socket (it is easier to scrape excess glue from the steel than the plastic). After dry scrape any excess glue from ball.
4) Press in bearing. If the spinner wobbles press in more in the high areas until straight. (If you used greased and/or rubber sealed bearings it will not spin long. Remove seals and de-grease for best results.)
5) Deluxe only - Insert snap ring (bend with pliers to make fit easier, just squeeze around diameter to make smaller until it fits easily). This may be optional if bearing presses in tightly on its own.
REQUIRES deluxe bearing caps found on this shop. This is due to the dust resistant feature, the ridge on spinner will prevent standard caps from working. If this is not desired please use the standard version of this UFO spinner.
HO-86 Stainless Steel Internal Housing Retaining Ring 22mm. Just copy/paste this into search engine to find.
May use any of the inserts in my shop for extra detail.