This is a N Scale Model (1:160) of a STS (Ship to Shore) Crane or Intermodal Container Crane. These cranes come in various sizes and are seen at shipping ports all over the world. This particular model is a design bash of 2 manufacturers and is near the size of a Mid 90's S-Class Post Panamax Crane. Scale dimension are show in the images above.
This model is the Main Structure Only. It has been hallowed out to allow running of wiring to add lighting and to save on cost of material.
- NO Wheels - these will need to be added based on your needs.
- NO Mechanical/Engine House - Removed to save cost - Easily Built from Styrene. Dimension listed in the build directions.
- NO Support Pieces - to save cost i removed them. They can be crafted from Everygreen Products
- #153 x2
- #156 x 3
- #227 x4
- #259 x2
- NO Railings or Safety Details - you can add brass handrail/stairs if you wish or purchase my FUD Kits.
- Kit 1 - Boogie & Grapple
- Kit 2 - Rear Details
- Kit 3 - Leg Details
- Kit 4
- Kit 5
- Kit 6
- Kit 7
The kit comes in 5 Pieces. See the color coded images above
Red = Front Boom
Light Blue = Front Legs
Purple = Apex
Green = Rear Boom
Gray = Rear Legs
Using Sheet styrene - Craft a Engine/Mechanical House with the dimensions in the image below and cut out holes for wiring in the floor to match the boom holes.Once all pieces are Test fit and/or wiring ran, glue pieces together. Take Note of the Angular Tube locations. This will be a factor if using my FUD Details Kits.
- If you are planning to add any kind of wiring for lighting, RUN WIRES NOW!
- Seperate any sections that are sprued for each element
- Prep your evergreen items
- Cut to fit 2x #259 Tubes to brace the track width of the crane.
- Cut to fit 2x #153 Square Rod to fit between the reat Apex Supports and the Rear Boom
- Cut to fit 2x #227 Round Tube for the lower Angular Leg Supports. These will be fitted with 2 sets of endcaps from Kit 1 or fabricated yourself.
- Cut to fit 2x #227 Round tube for the Upper Angular Apex to Rear Leg Supports. These will be fitted with 2 sets of endcaps from Kit 1 or fabricated yourself.
- Cut to fit 2x #156 Rectangular Rod for the Front Boom to Apex "FOLDING" Supports
- Trim the Length to ~5.75" and round the ends.
- Trim the remaining length to ~4.25" and round the ends
- These will be placed between the "FOLDING LINKAGE" from Kit 1
FUD Boogie and Spreader - see kit instructions for build and installation
FUD Railing and Stair Kits (x7) - see individual kit instructions for build and installation