Highly detailed 1/450 Scale Royal Navy WW2 Boat Set Number 4 with Mounts. This set is highly detailed and has been created to replace the plastic blobs :-) that represent Ships Boats on most kits. Modelled off plans and all available photographic reference. Many hours have been spent modelling this set and I'd like to thank The British Military Motor Boat Association for their invaluable reference.
- Contains the following boats:
- 2x 50ft Steam Pinnaces
- 1x 45ft Admirals Steam Barge
- 1x 35ft Admirals Launch
- 2x 35ft Seaplane Tenders
- 2x 36ft Motor Pinnaces
- Boat detail includes decking, cleats, rudders, seating inside all boats, portholes, windows etc.
- NOTE: This set contains the boats with the Mounts printed on, this will make assembly easier. For those wishing to use Photo Etch Mounts, Mounts on the kit or Photo Etch Davits. Please see My Shop for the version of this set without the Mounts.
- Available in other scales.
Some part cleanup
will be necessary. The 3D printing process uses a waxy substance to support certain part features during the printing process. Although the parts are cleaned by Shapeways, some waxy residue may remain. It can be safely removed with water and a mild aqueous detergent like "Simple Green
" using an old, soft toothbrush, Q-tips or pipe cleaners. Customers report that "Bestine
" and "Goo Gone
" also work well.During the printing process, liquid resin is cured by ultraviolet light. Microscopic bits of resin may remain uncured.
Let your parts sit in direct sunlight for a few hours to fully cure the resin.
Water-based acrylic paints
meant for plastics is strongly recommended.
Other paints, especially enamels, may not cure on Frosted Detail 3D-printed plastics.
Use dedicated model sprue cutters to remove parts to minimise damage to parts.
Please take a look at my other items.