UtorCase turns your Xbox One controller with the Xbox Chat Headset and your HTC Rider into a handheld game console by mounting the phone on the controller. Please note the case is incompatible with the standalone Xbox Chat Adapter! Also, you can conveniently use second screen apps that support landscape mode with UtorCase. (According to my research HTC Rider does not support USB OTG out of the box required for Android gaming, but you may have a chance to enable it with root access. For a list of phones that have out of the box USB OTG support click here).
In addition to UtorCase, you will also need the following items (excluded from your Shapeways purchase!):
- HTC Rider with USB OTG or USB Host enabled (Amazon)
- Xbox One Controller (Amazon)
- Xbox One Chat Headset (Amazon )
- USB OTG cable for Android gaming (Female USB to Male Micro USB) (Amazon)
- Games that support the Android Gamepad API (I started here a list that you can edit as well)
Before you purchase:
- For Android gaming, please make sure you can connect your HTC Rider and your Xbox One controller with a USB OTG Cable. On the Utor Case Questions and Answers page, I collected common issues that you may face while trying to connect your controller with your HTC Rider
- Test the Xbox Smartglass, and other second screen apps on your phone because some do not support landscape mode.
UtorCase will show on one of its side a shortened name of your phone: HRider
The dimensions of the device holder are based on the official dimensions:
Metric: 126mm x 65mm x 12.05mm
US: 4.96in x 2.56in x 0.47in
For questions on your shipment and order status, please contact Shapeways customer service. If you have any questions regarding the design of UtorCase, you can contact me at the UtorCase Support forum for HTC Rider.
Incompatibilities with Xbox One Accessories:
- Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter: The official Xbox One Chat Adapter is much bigger than the adapter that comes with the chat headset! UtorCase wont fit the chat adapter!
- This UtorCase version is only compatible with the Xbox One Controller and the Chat headset attached together. If you don't use the chat headset take a look here at the plain Xbox One UtorCase.
Incompatibilities with Smartphone accessories:
- Other cases need to be removed from your phone while using UtorCase that is built for the official dimensions of your smartphone.
- Any phone addon that alters the official dimensions of the phone
UtorCase for HTC Rider and other controllers:
UtorCase for other phones?
UtorCase is available for over 1400 smarthpones, so google 'UtorCase + your phone name' or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviews and mentions around the web
Click here to read rave reviews from around the web.
If you are you a community leader, you may be eligible for a free review UtorCase (click for details).