This is an upgrade to the already brilliant Kossel Mini 3D printer Design. This allows the use of magnetic ball joints to control the movement of the end effector.
Magnetic ball joints decrease the 'slop' in the effector motion system to zero and allow for a much more accurate and smoother movement.
This effector has been designed to hold a single all metal hotend, such as the e3d V6 or equivalent. It provides support for auto levelling with a limit switch (z probe) and also mounting of a 40mm fan to actively cool the hotend heatsink.
Required to complete the end effector are the following printed parts and items:
- Effector hotend mount ( https://www.shapeways.com/product/4V94RWDJZ/kossel-mini-effector-body-magnetic-ball-joint?key=b98dec33455e4ee2e7e7d24625c2b9c2 )
- Effector hotend mount clamp (
- Linear rail carriage
- Magnetic boil joint and carbon diagonal rod kit ( http://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/262198796888 )
- All metal hotend (such as e3d V6 or equivalent)
- Limit switch for z probe switch
- M3 and M2.5 bolts
- 40mm fan
More information can be seen at my 3d Hub as well :) https://www.3dhubs.com/tweed-heads/hubs/jimmyvonsnipe