Highly detailed 1/450 Royal Navy WW2 Boat Set Number 2 with Mounts. This set is highly detailed and has been created to replace the plastic blobs :-) that represent Ships Boats on most kits.
- Contains the following boats:
- 45 Foot Motor Launch with Cabin x2
- 45 Foot Motor Launch x2
- 30 Foot Gig x2
- 25 Foot Motor Cutter x2
- 16 Foot Fast Motor Boat x2
- 16 Foot Dinghy
- NOTE: This set contains the boats with the Mounts printed on, this will make assembly easier. For those wishing to use Photo Etch Mounts, Mounts on the kit or Photo Etch Davits. Please see My Shop for the version of this set without the Mounts.
- Coming soon Royal Navy WW2 Boat Set 3 (and other goodies!)
- Available in other scales.
Some part cleanup
will be necessary. The 3D printing process uses a waxy substance to support certain part features during the printing process. Although the parts are cleaned by Shapeways, some waxy residue may remain. It can be safely removed with water and a mild aqueous detergent like "Simple Green
" using an old, soft toothbrush, Q-tips or pipe cleaners. Customers report that "Bestine
" and "Goo Gone
" also work well.During the printing process, liquid resin is cured by ultraviolet light. Microscopic bits of resin may remain uncured. Let your parts sit in direct sunlight for a few hours to fully cure the resin. Water-based acrylic paints
meant for plastics is strongly recommended. Other paints, especially enamels, may not cure on Frosted Detail 3D-printed plastics.Use dedicated model sprue cutters to remove parts to minimise damage to parts.
Please take a look at my other items.