This is for the DIY Boombox Bluetooth enthusiast and MAKERS. It is a build upon YouTuber Modiane1's
basic hack tutorials that feature the Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Module
These are cutout cover mounts that save hacking time, while making your speaker project look clean and a bit more professional.
These are the basic three Phillips Speaker Module Variations
that are all compatible with these cover mounts:
Product: Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "Solo 40mm Grill-LESS"
- Philips 314113000221 R TMM 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Module 8 Ohm.
- Philips 314113000201 R TMM 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Module 4 Ohm.
- Philips 314113000191 L TMM 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Module 4 Ohm.
Speaker Cover Mounts are designed to secure a hacked Phillips Woofers, Tweeters, and Tweeter Crossover Capacitors. Will clean up the look of your enclosure cutout and save some grind time and a ton of hot glue. Comes built with Accu-cut Crosshair
™ hole technology to center and cut your enclosure right the first time (Note: Woofer Hole Saw: 2-1/8" - 54mm. Tweeter Hole Saw: 1-1/4"- 32mm).
Lot less grind time! The Woofer spider basket can stay asymmetrically funky. No need to monkey around and lop the tabs off! The Tweeter's yellow cake icing actually holds the tweeter together. We still have to grind down the tweeters mounting tabs, but no more yellow grindy dust. Both woof-woofs and tweets are locked in place with washers, screws, and built in design tabs so neat they're SWEET!
Please look at all available variations on the Speaker Cover Mounts to decide on your project's best fit. Some accept the 60 mm Wire Grills, with built in Tweeter Grills that eliminate the need for the smaller 40mm Wire Grill. That's right, no more grill clearance issues! Hey, but if your build uses a 40mm Wired Grill, our Solo 40mm Tweeter Mount is available either grilled or grill-less.
Bird Nerd Specs:
For Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "Solo 40mm GLESS"
: Mount for (1) Right Or Left Tweeter Grill-LESS. So, any rectangled surface of 132.7mm x 93.7mm would do just fine. Protruding height from inside surface will be 5.5mm.
█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
All Related Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Products:
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "A":
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "B":
- Left + Right FULL: Mount for (2) Woofers, (2) Tweeters.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "C":
- Left + Right FULL: Mount for (2) Woofers, (2) Tweeters and (1) 0.28" Voltmeter HORIZONTAL.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "D":
- Left + Right FULL: Mount for (2) Woofers, (2) Tweeters and (2) 0.28" Voltmeter HORIZONTAL.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "Left Half":
- Left + Right FULL: Mount for (2) Woofers, (2) Tweeters and (1) 0.28" Voltmeter VERTICAL.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "Double Left Half":
- Left Half: Mount for (1) Left Woofer and (1) Left Tweeter.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "Right Half":
- Left Half Double: Mount for (2) Left Woofers, (1) Left Tweeter, (1) 0.28" Voltmeter and (1) 0.56" Voltmeter HORIZONTAL.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "Double Right Half":
- Right Half: Mount for (1) Right Woofer and (1) Right Tweeter.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "Left Solo 60mm":
- Right Half Double: Mount for (2) Right Woofers and (1) Left Tweeter and (2) 0.28" Voltmeter HORIZONTAL.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "Right Solo 60mm":
- Left Solo 60mm: Mount for (1) Left Woofer.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "Solo 40mm GED":
- Right Solo 60mm: Mount for (1) Right Woofer.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "Solo 40mm GLESS":
- Right Or Left Solo 40mmGED: Mount for (1) Tweeter GrillED.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speaker Mount "3' Woof-Woof Ring":
- Right Or Left Solo 40mmGLESS: Mount for (1) Tweeter Grill-LESS.
Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Passive Radiator Mount:
- 3 Inch Spacer Woofer Ring (76.2mm).
- Oval Shaped Passive Radiator Mount + FREE Quarter Coin Bass Booster Mount.
* All Tweeter Mounts snugly hold the Crossover Capacitor.
Voltmeter Mount Size + Position Variants:
- A voltmeter is a numbered digital display of power being put out measured in volts. For Example, Your project might use 12v DC Lithium Batteries, or you could have a hacked 12v wall charger that converts 120v AC IN to 12v DC OUT. So at a glance, a voltmeter gives visual cues of the current power your source is putting out.
Compatibe Enclosure Examples:
- We have 0.56" and 0.28"(mini) Voltmeter Mount variants. Made specifically for the see through enclosure. Will sit flush against the clear face. Positioning options can be any horizontal or vertical combinations. Directly molded into a Speaker Mount Design for a clean all in one package.
Brand: Pelican 1050 Micro Case Series.
Brand: Pelican 1060 Micro Case Series.
Brand: The Outdoor Recreation Group Watertight Box-Small.
Brand: The Outdoor Recreation Group Watertight Box-Large.
█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
Speaker Module Hacking Hints/Tips:
Tip #1: Being A Dead-Eye When Cutting Your Enclosure.
- A Hand Drill.
- 2-1/8" or 54mm Woofer Hole Saw.
- 1-1/4" or 32mm Tweeter Hole Saw.
- A Philips Screwdriver.
- A Dremel-Type Rotary Tool.
- (3) Stacked Up Dremel 426 1-1/4" Fiberglass Reinforced Cut-Off Wheel.
- (14) M3 x 12mm Washer Head Screws with only 2 cropped 6mm from bottom side of screw button head.
- (8) M3 x 20mm Washer Head Screws for the back Passive Radiator.
- Flat Zinc Plated Washers #6 (10mm x 1mm) equal to the amount of woofers and tweeters being used.
- Harvested Black Oxide M3 x 10mm Washer Screws for equal number amount of tweeters all cropped 6mm from bottom side of screw button head.
- Harvested Phillips Woofer. No need to cut off the metal tabs. (Read Hacking Tips Below Before Taking These Out.)
- Harvested Phillips Tweeter with the 2 mounting tabs ground down, but yellow cake untouched. (Read Hacking Tips Below Before Taking These Out.)
Speaker Module Hacking Hints/Tips:
Tip #2: When They're Gone...
- Take your Speaker Mount and photocopy it at 100%. LOOK at the photocopy. DO NOT drill washer locking holes through the face of the enclosure. Theses don't go through.
- The plan is to cut the Woofer/Tweeter holes first, work the mount in place, THEN drilled legs holes one by one. Why? Some eclosures have curved surfaces that will warp and flex the mount. Plus, the see through refractive, pool-like surfaces will throw off predrilled holes and make srcewing...annoying.
- Cut out the photocopy and place it where you plan to cut. Pay attention to the symmetry. Line things up that look symmetrically right. Tape it down.
- Cut the woofer and tweeter holes only.
- The tweeter hole will still be slightly too small. Use 3 stacked up 426 1-1/4" Fiberglass Reinforced Cut-Off Wheels to LIGHTY nick up and expand this opening.
- DO NOT drill any other holes until we have the mount through the enclosure holes. It will be tight, so note the tweeter openings, and play with it.
- Got it in? Great! Now throw the Photocopy away. We'll be using the mount's actual holes as the stencil.
- DO NOT DRILL ALL HOLES IN ONE GO. Drill one corner hole, and take the mount out.
- Put in woofers/tweeters outside the enclosure.
- For the woofers, note the in design tab reqires a "drop and twist" to lock in place.
- For the tweeter, note the in design swing in notch (one side goes in first) and the snuggy hole to hold the Crossover Capacitor.
- On the mount, lock all woofs and tweets in place with #6 flat zince washers, all pinned down with cropped 6mm M3 Washer Head Screws. (Cropped for clearance with inside surface.)
- Thread a M3 x 12mm Washer Head Screw in the respective 60mm grill, and screw in one leg at a time.
- Stencil drill next hole. Thread. Screw. Repeat.
- Hot Glue locking swrews, and air leaks. Air tight amkes it sound just right.
- The plastic poly speaker cones are a pain in the rump if dented in. Avoid this at all costs. So, when hacking it up you'll be ass grabbing it everywhere, which means: Dent City. So Just Stop. Find some cardboard, and cut a rectangle big enough to cover both woofers and tweeter tape it down. It's worth the hassle rather than trying to un-dent it later.
- The 1 inch tweeter seems to be the most important component, because it's so easy to dent up, and rarer when harvesting. Your inventory will have multiple woofers and passive radiators, all in nice working condition, with many tweeters fucked up or broken, which will force you to crack open another module.
█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
Who Am I?
- Note: The Phillips 2-Way LCD TV Speakers Are Clearenced Blow-Out Speciels, with replacements becoming more rare, so take the time to protect what you got, because when these are gone the cheap fun is done... I don't even start hacking unless I plan to put them in an enclosure right away.
I am a MAKER. I go by Ulyssandra
. My MAKER signature is the Crossed Warhammers of Orin Razen. When you see my mark take heed. The designs are so damn good you might just pass out and faint!
Mandalorians, Wet Boy Assasins, Ninja Looters, and fans of all that is Geek. If you want it, put a bounty on it! Hit up my store at www.BountyRoundUp.com