This is our original 1:10 scale axle based on the original Axial Racing SCX10 gearset. Taking design queues from its 1:1 big brothers, the NCX10 Axle Housing allows you to achieve AR60 steering on an SCX10-width axle by using two short-side Axial Wraith Universals (or a long-side Wraith Universal cut down to the length of a short-side universal) together with AR60-compatible knuckles and c-hubs.
Parts required for a complete axle:
- Axial AX30392 - Bevel Gear Set
- Axial AX30385 - Axial Diff Gasket 16x25x0.5
- Axial AX30500 - Heavy Duty Diff Locker
- Axial AX80002 - Diff Case
- 4 pcs - Axial AXA015 - M2x10mm Fine Thread SHCS (for diff)
- Axial AX30408 - Input Shaft 5x29mm
- Axial AXA1393 - E25 e-clip
- 2 pcs - Axial AX30163 - Pin 2x10mm
- Axial AX80070 - Diff Cover, Bearing Caps, and Link Mounts (for link mounts, other parts are not used***)
- 4 pcs - Axial AXA087 - M3x16mm Fine Thread SHCS (for link mounts)
- 4 pcs - Axial AX1052 - M3 Thin Locking Hex Nut (for link mounts)
- 4 pcs - Axial AXA433 - M3x6mm Coarse Thread (M3x6mm fine thread BHCS recommended for hub/lockout to axle)
- 2 pcs - 5x13x4 Bearings (for pinion shaft)
- 2 pcs - 5x11x4 Bearings (for axle end)
- 2 pcs - 10x15x4 Bearings (for diff/spool)
Front Axle Specific:
- Axial AX31316 - Double Sheer Steering Knuckles
- Axial AX80062 - C Hubs
- Axial AX30780 - Universal Axle Set (the long one will need to be cut to length)
- 4 pcs - Axial AXA115 - M3x10mm Fine Thread BHCS
- 4 pcs - AX30450 - Flange Pipe 3x4.5x5.5mm
- 2 pcs - 10x15x4 Bearings (for steering knuckle)
- 2 pcs - 5x11x4 Bearings (for steering knuckles)
Rear Axle Specific:
- Axial AX80071 - Rear Axle Lockouts
- Axial AX30421 - Solid Axle Dogbone 6x104.5mm (may need to grind flange on end where it meets the locker)
***Differential Cover. We recommend the NC60 specific differential cover for style and strength, but if you want to use stock Axial parts, use the following:
- AX80070 - Diff Cover, Bearing Caps, and Link Mounts (from above)
- 4 pcs - AXA435 - M3x10mm (fine thread BHCS recommended - bearing caps)
- 4 pcs - AXA015 - M2x10mm Fine Thread SHCS (diff cover)
Depending on your steering setup you will need to make links for either chassis mounted servo or axle mounted servo.
7/2/2016: Moved 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock holes outboard by 1mm for better spacing with stock rear SCX10 axle shafts.
7/14/2016: Changed pinion bearing hole diameter from 12.9mm to 13mm and axle bearing hole from 10.9mm to 11mm to account for material tolerance for better fit.
7/27/2016: Moved pinion bearings back by 0.5mm to allow for better gear mesh.
11/28/2016: Pinion bearing hole now 12.95mm. Axle bearing hole is now 10.95mm.