Catalog (click here)
Set contains three (3) single dome mounts and three barrels. A set of three
double dome mounts is available separately.
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Barry DD-933 (# 4-219)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Morton DD-948 (# 4-220)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Barney DDG-6 (# 4-225)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Ainsworth FF-1090 (# 4-078)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Horne CG-30 (# 4-165)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Truxton CGN-35 (# 4-161)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Mitscher DDG-35 (# 4-168)
- Orange Hobby 1/350 scale Chi Yang FFG-932 (# N03-020)
- Orange Hobby 1/350 scale USS Robert E. Peary FF-1073 (# N03-070-628)
- White Ensign Models 1/350 scale USS Benjamin Stoddert DDG-22 (# K 3546)
This multi-part model kit represents the single dome "frog eye" version of the highly successful 5 inch 54 caliber Mark 42 Mount installed aboard many US Navy and allied warships. To assemble the model, insert the cannon, barrel first, through the open bottom into the gun slot.
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- overall dimensions from official US Navy drawings
- separate cannon and trunnion to allow the modeler to set the barrel at any realistic elevation from +85 deg. to -15 deg. just like the real mount.
- one detailed "frog-eye" local fire control dome for surface firing
- properly scaled hatches with hinge details
- access plates with hex-head bolt details
From Wikipedia: "The Mark 42 5"/54 caliber gun (127mm) is a naval gun (naval artillery) mount used by the United States Navy and other countries. It consisted of the Mark 18 gun and Mark 42 gun mount. United States naval gun terminology indicates the gun fires a projectile 5 inches (127.0 mm) in diameter, and the barrel is 54 calibers long (barrel length is 5" × 54 = 270" or 6.9 meters.) In the 1950s a gun with more range and a faster rate of fire than the 5"/38 caliber gun used in World War II was needed. Because of this reason, the gun was created concurrently with the 3"/70 Mark 26 gun for different usages. The 5"/54 Mk 42 is an automatic, dual-purpose (air / surface target) gun mount. It is usually controlled remotely from the Mk 68 Gun Fire Control System, or locally from the mount at the One Man Control (OMC) station.
United States Navy
Royal Australian Navy
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force
Republic of China Navy
Royal Thai Navy