This wagon is used for transportation of containers in coherent sets throughout Europe. No matter if loaded or not, a train made up of dozens of these wagons always looks great in the real world as well as on a model railroad.
Just add buffers (order here or here) and two Y25 type chassis and paint it and you are ready to go! Two hexagon bores at the bottom enable you to add two M3 nuts (1.4mm height), so you can screw chassis to the frame and easily dismantle them later on. Use 7.7mm diameter wheels only. Optionally, you can add a braking system beneath the main frame.
Wagon is intented to carry one, two or three 20' (48.8mm), one or two 30' (74.4mm), one 40' (100mm) or one 40' (100mm) and one 20' (48.8mm) container according to the international standard. See attached image. Other combinations are possible as well. Pinholes for attaching containers are made according to the NEM 380 model standard, so most commercially produced containers will fit.
- epoch: V - VI
- length (including buffers): 165mm
- width: 25.4mm
- height: 7.16mm
- height of the loading area above the rail level: 9.7mm
- wheel diameter: 7.7mm
- pinhole diameter: 8mm *
- pinhole depth: 9mm *
- pinholes pitch: 18.8mm *
- recommended weight (in the unloaded state): 41g
- minimal recommended track radius: 310mm
- maximal recommended track slope: 4%
- recommended color: RAL 8012 or RAL 8440 (those are the most commonly used, but it is possible to paint it with any color of your choice as many real-world companies do)
* According to the NEM 380 model standard
You can order Y25 type chassis here.
You can order buffers here or here.
You can order optional accessories here.
You can order a Standard 20' container here.
VARIOUS CONTAINERS AT VARIOUS SIZES COMING SOON !