Garstang and Knott End Railway
BOGIE COACH (composite)
The Garstang and Knot-End Railway ran between Garstang and Pilling, in the Fylde of Lancashire. In 1898 the Knott End Railway was authorised to continue to Knott End; it opened in 1908.
Salt extraction near Preesall became a dominant industry from 1890. The passenger service was discontinued in 1930 and the line closed completely in 1965.
For the opening of the Knott End line extension, eight bogie coaches were supplied by Birmingham Carriage and Wagon Co. There were two versions, both identical externally, one a composite and one an all third. They lasted till end of passenger services in 1930, and one composite then worked on the ex Caledonian line to Wanlockhead until that line closed in 1939. The composite had lights in different position s to the all third)
AS the bogie coaches had no guards compartment they originally worked with the goods brake vans, but in 1909 2 new passenger brake vans were introduced.
One of the passenger brake vans went to Wanlockhead with the bogie comosite coach, and was scrapped at the same time when line closed in 1939.
Photos of the coaches in LMS days show the lower sides of coach just matchboarding, and beading had been removed.
Requires finishing off, wheels etc
Scale HO (1/87 , 3.5mm/ft)
more info about Garstang and Knott End Railway here
more 3d printed models from Recreation21 here