Built between 1950 and 1959 by the St. Louis Car Company, the 6000 series was the largest group of rapid transit cars ever built for the Chicago Transist Authority. Because of their large numbers, they became the quintessential "L" cars from the 1950s into the 1970s. The last of the series were officially retired on December 4, 1992.
This model is designed to use a Tomytec TM-20 chassis and Microtrains #905 Z scale body-mount couplers.
This version represents a modernized pair of cars, with curved doors and single headlights like the simliar 1-50 series cars. Other versions of the 6000 series that are available are: