UtorCase turns your Xbox 360 controller wired or wireless and your Celkon A1 into a handheld game console. (According to my research Celkon A1 does not support USB OTG out of the box required for Android gaming, but you may have a chance to enable it with root access. For a list of phones that have out of the box USB OTG support click here).
- Secure 4 sided grip of your Celkon A1 ( most competitors only provide a 2 sided grip )
- Tailor made exactly for your Celkon A1 ( most comptetitors try a one size fits all mount that often pushes various buttons on your phone, and require you to adjust with the holder with clamps or rubber bands )
- Single unit without extra parts, such as rubber bands
- Easily and quickly mount the phone on the controller
- Conveniently use second screen apps that support landscape mode
LATEST: Do you have multiple phones or extra large batteries? Do you want to keep your phone in its case? Then check out the new Adjustable UtorCase for Xbox 360 controller.
About this design - Front Rider
This design is somewhat front heavy. If you prefer a design that spreads the weight over the controller, then take a look at the 'Over the top' version: WEIGHT_DISTRIBUTION_LINK
In addition to UtorCase, you will also need the following items (excluded from your Shapeways purchase!):
- Celkon A1 with USB OTG or USB Host enabled (Amazon)
- Xbox 360 controller (wired or wireless) (Amazon)
- USB OTG cable for Android gaming (Female USB to Male Micro USB) (Amazon)
- For a Wireless Xbox 360 controller an Xbox 360 USB receiver (Amazon)
- Games that support a controller (I started here a list that you can edit as well)
Before you purchase:
Please make sure you can connect your Celkon A1 and your Xbox 360 controller with a USB OTG Cable. On the Utor Case Questions and Answers page, I collected common issues that you may face while trying to connect your controller with your Celkon A1
UtorCase will show on one of its side a shortened name of your phone: CA1
The dimensions of the device holder are based on the official dimensions:
Metric: 113.5mm x 54.5mm x 12.3mm
US: 4.47in x 2.15in x 0.48in
For questions on your shipment and order status, please contact Shapeways customer service. If you have any questions regarding the design of UtorCase, you can contact me at the UtorCase Support forum for Celkon A1.
- Xbox 360 Chatpad: The chatpad attaches to the back of the controller just like UtorCase, so you cannot use the two together. The chatpad is mainly used on Xbox live and you wont need it in Android games.
- v1 Wired headset: The v1 wired headset has a bulky audio connector, for example the Headset with Microphone for Xbox 360. You would be using the headset with your smart phone, so this should not be an issue. UtorCase should also work with v2 wired headsets, like the Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset and Amplified Stereo Sound, that have a regular 2.5mm audio connector.
- Other smartphone cases need to be removed from your phone while using UtorCase that is built for the official dimensions of your smartphone.
- Any phone addon that alters the official dimensions of the phone
UtorCase for Celkon A1 and other controllers
UtorCase for other phones?
UtorCase is available for over 1400 smarthpones, so Google 'UtorCase + your phone name' or contact me at email@example.com.
Reviews and mentions around the web
Click here to read rave reviews from around the web.
If you are you a community leader, you may be eligible for a free review UtorCase (click for details).