A OO9 scale shell of the character Sir Handel from Thomas the Tank Engine and friends. The dimensions on this model were taken from the real Sir Handel model used in filming of Thomas the Tank Engine Series 4 (see @ThomasMerchandise on Twitter for more info). The model was then scaled down to OO9 scale. This model includes a smokebox door that is to be snipped from the model after receiving it. Please handle with care when modifying so as to avoid shattering of Shapeways plastic. The models can prove to be brittle in some scenarios.
- This scale is the exact translation from the TV model down to the OO scale world (5% larger than standard OO9 models) this model should be adapted to run on TT scale track for maximum accuracy
- This scale is TV model scaled down to match standard OO9 merchandise (in scale with Bachmann locomotives)
Recommended parts to complete kit:
- 3 pack of faces supplied by Cudak888 specifically for the 1:72 scale version of this model here
- Variety packs by Rexecutions (please select the matching scale variant for your purchase)
- Bachmann Skarloey Wheels
- Note that these wheel are about 1mm too small in diameter to be perfectly prototypical to the Season 4 model.
RTR chassis optionsWire (piping, whistle, cylinder rods (slide bars))
- Bachmann Skarloey Trailing Wheel
- N-Scale Bachmann 4-4-0 American Steam Engine Tender Wheels
- I'd recommend these little wheels or ones of similar size. You'll need to harvest them from this truck and fit your own axle out of wire or rod. Note that these wheels are probably not insulated so you'll need to sort that out as well to avoid shorting the rails out. A plastic axle would do the trick.
- 16 gauge brass wire
- 22 gauge brass wire
- 24 gauge steel wire