Catalog (click here)
Recommended to help build USS Pennsylvania BB-38 from:
Set includes 2 crane kingposts.
Scale: although Revell box art and literature state the Revell USS Arizona and USS Pennsylvania model kits to be 1/426 scale, they are actually 1/429 scale as confirmed by Loren Perry, owner of Gold Medal Models and holder of the original Revell documents. This 3D-printed model is perfectly scaled to match the Revell kits' true scale.
These model kit parts are intended to help the modeler convert any 1/426 scale USS Arizona BB-39 model kit to sistership USS Pennsylvania BB-38 as she appeared in 1941-1942. These kingposts are the major vertical posts for the large boat/aircraft cranes.
USS Pennsylvania's cranes were significantly different than USS Arizona's.
- contains two kingposts with separate turntables (the large round structures), properly "mirrored", one for the portside crane and the other for the starboard side crane
- turntables, also mirrored, are to have their sprues removed and placed over the kingposts. The bases of the booms (available separately) will rest on top of these parts and if left unglued, the booms can swing freely to any realistic position
- bolt, nuts and rivets all realistically designed and carefully located to precisely match high-resolution photos of the actual cranes taken at Mare Island in February-March 1942
- heavy supporting structure details
- fine supporting structure details, such as the walkway gratings around the turntables (see photo), omitted, ready for your favorite photo-etch parts (not included)
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the actual ship based on authoritative plans. They are not 3D-printed copies of inaccurate plastic kit parts and therefore are shaped and sized a bit differently. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.