You must be logged in and verified to contact the designer.
Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway (3ft gauge)
Possibly better known for being a 15in gauge line these days, the line was originally built to 3ft gauge.
2 locos were suplied by Manning Wardle, the first in 1875 followed by another in 1876.
Initially opened for goods traffic, passengers were then later provided for with 2 coaches(one 1st class, one 3rd class) and a brake van. These were built by Bristol Wagon Works. As the line closed(converted to 15in gauge) in 1915, there are no detailed records of the coaches apart from photos, so details are based on coaches Bristol Wagon Works supplied for other 3ft gauge lines at the time, such as the West Clare Railway in Ireland. The West Clare certainly had brake vans similar.
An additional coach , known as the big saloon, was built locally. The body of this survived and is now preserved.
Small wagons were also supplied, and were also used for passengers when the line was busy.
2 and 3 plank wagons supplied by Bristol Wagon Works, additional 4 wheel wagons built locally.