This is a South australian railways 830 Class loco modeled in TT scale
In 1959 the South Australian Railways placed an order for 10 Alco DL531 locomotives for use their narrow gauge network. Further orders saw the fleet built up to 44 by February 1970 with 15 narrow gauge, 12 standard gauge and 17 broad gauge examples. In February 1970 an additional unit was purchased second hand from Silverton Tramway.
In March 1978, 43 were included in the transfer of the South Australian Railways to Australian National with the other two going to the State Transport Authority before also moving to Australian National. From July 1974 until December 1980 847-849, were loaned to the Public Transport Commission where they were pooled with the 48 class