UtorCase turns your PS3 controller and your Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1 into a handheld game console. (According to my research Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1 does not support USB OTG out of the box required for Android gaming, but you may have a chance to enable it with root access. For a list of phones that have out of the box USB OTG support click here).
- Secure 4 sided grip of your Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1( most competitors only provide a 2 sided grip )
- Tailor made exactly for your Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1 ( most comptetitors try a one size fits all mount that often pushes various buttons on your phone, and require you to adjust with the holder with clamps or rubber bands )
- Single unit without extra parts, such as rubber bands
- Easily and quickly mount the phone on the controller
- Conveniently use second screen apps that support landscape mode
In addition to UtorCase, you will also need the following items (excluded from your Shapeways purchase!):
- Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1 with USB OTG or USB Host enabled (Amazon)
- PS3 Controller (Dualshock 3) (Amazon)
- USB OTG cable for Android gaming (Female USB to Male Micro USB) (Amazon)
- Games that support the Android Gamepad API (I started here a list that you can edit as well)
Before you purchase:
- Please make sure you can connect your Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1 and your PS3 controller with a USB OTG Cable. On the Utor Case Questions and Answers page, I collected common issues that you may face while trying to connect your controller with your Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1
- Test your second screen apps on your phone as some don't yet support landscape mode.
UtorCase will show on one of its side a shortened name of your phone: GGMM1
The dimensions of the device holder are based on the official dimensions:
Metric: 136mm x 67mm x 9.7mm
US: 5.35in x 2.64in x 0.38in
For questions on your shipment and order status, please contact Shapeways customer service. If you have any questions regarding the design of UtorCase, you can contact me at the UtorCase Support forum for Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1.
Incompatibilities with Smartphone accessories:
- Other cases need to be removed from your phone while using UtorCase that is built for the official dimensions of your smartphone.
- Any phone addon that alters the official dimensions of the phone
UtorCase for Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1 and other controllers:
Also check out the new Adjustable UtorCase
Do you have multiple phones? Extra large batteries? Do you want to keep your phone in its case? Then check out the Adjustable UtorCase for PS3 controller.
UtorCase for other phones?
UtorCase is available for over 1400 smarthpones, so google 'UtorCase + your phone name' or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviews and mentions around the web
Click here to read rave reviews from around the web.
If you are you a community leader, you may be eligible for a free review UtorCase (click for details).