Harley Quinn Cosplay Hair Cone
SINGLE ITEM - if you want them as a pair, click here
Click here to look at the updated version
Harley Quinn Suicide Squad Hair Ties – perfect for completing your SKWAD Harley cosplay or accessorising any other Harley look. This listing is for one Harley hair cone and comes available in a variety of different colours, so you can pick-and-choose whatever colour combination you need!
Stay Evil DollfaceThis model has been redesigned on the inside so that the inner-space is bigger, which reduces the overall cost. This saves you money AND gives you extra room for your base hair tie to fit snugly. The bottom of the cuff has a rim around the base, so the cuff has something to grip to the base hair tie with. This *should* mean that the hair cone will stay in place more securely.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
If you didn’t know already, walking-cane tips were used for Harley Quinn’s pigtails in the 2016 Suicide Squad movie (thank you everyday_harleyquinn for sharing the article on instagram)
harlequinade_chloe has some beautiful customised Harley hair pieces and Laura Gilbert shared a DIY video that explained how she went about making her own.
It seems like it would be an easy enough DIY, right? In my own experience: not so much.
The main issue comes from the fact that most (if not all) walking cane tips are made out of rubber, which is a pain to paint and difficult to cut.
I designed my 3D-printed hair cuffs to solve these issues and make it a lot simpler to DIY your own.
Customising your 3D Print:If you print in the Strong & Flexible Plastic I recommend watching this YouTube video by 3D Printing Nerd (featuring Bill from Punished Props) - this video has useful information that can help you get a great finish on your printed plastic items.
3D Printed plastics are fantastic for DIY projects, you can use anything you're most comfortable with to decorate them - including (but not limited to):
- DIY Versatility - The 3D-printed Strong & Flexible Plastic material can be sanded as needed with no problems. Need a wider center hole for your hair or base-hair-tie to fit through? Go ahead and sand it. Need custom engraved patterns on the hair piece to make your own designs truly come to life? Grab your mini-rotary tool and engrave those details right away.
- Surface Texture - Due to the nature of the printing process, there's a slight grainy texture on the 3D prints and the material is absorbant. This provides "tooth" for your favourite paints and primers to stick to and the absorbant nature of this material also means that the colour holds. This provides an overall higher-quality finish and makes the customisation process easier for you.
- Accuracy - I modelled this hair cone after the dimensions of my customised rubber cane tip, so the shape and size are legit and will work perfectly with your cosplay. It's screen-accurate, and you know that if you chose to buy more than one, you will definitely have a matching set with a neat base.
- Variety of Materials - Shapeways provides a vast amount of high-quality materials for printing in - including a range of colours, plastics, and metals.
- Frosted Detail Plastic is transparent and has, as the name suggests, a "frosted" look. Sometimes you need to give the piece a little wash and polish to get a completely transparent finish. This material will look great for Elsa Quinn mash-ups!
- Metallic Plastic has a, despite its name, very stone-like appearance, which could work really well if you wanted your item to look like stone without doing any customisation.
- On-Demand - this product is 3D printed after you place your order, so you have the comfort of knowing that a screen-accurate, easy-to-customise, lightweight hair cone is here whenever you need it.
- Lightweight - because these 3D printable materials are so lightweight, you don't have to worry about it falling out of place or feeling uncomfortable. Wear the hair cuff in your own hair or on a wig with confidence!
- metal leaf
- metal plating
- acrylic paints
- spray paints
- model airbrush paints
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦Product Notes:
- This is not official merch. It was requested by a cosplayer
- The design was modelled after a rubber ferrule I modified myself
- Remodelled to include more room on the inside to fit better over any base hair ties, and a ridge to grip onto that hair tie, making it harder to knock out of place.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
- If you make any tutorials or cosplay guides with my models, including customising the 3D print, adding fixtures or anything else, please let me know so I can link to it!
- You can sell customised versions as long as you message me to discuss the details and arrangements first!
This is important because:-
1. You might be accused of stealing my work - if I'm aware of your services, I will support you and link to your store.
2. You must be completely transparent with your customers because I don't tolerate any kind of deceptionn. There will be no hiding details of where the model came from and who originally modelled it.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ID: GCQSW0001