LATEST: Do you have multiple phones? Extra large batteries? Do you want to keep your phone in its case? Then check out the new adjustable Phonemounter.
Mount your HTC One on tripods, stabilizers, or other surfaces for steady pictures. PhoneMounter has 2 mounting feet, landscape and horizontal, and each feet has a small plastic 1/4 20 UNC thread (US) that is the default size for tripod quick release plate screws.
- Grips your device from all 4 sides for a secure mount (most competitors only provide a two side grab)
- Hang PhoneMounter from a rope or keychain in the car or the car seat to watch maps and movies.
In addition to PhoneMounter, you will also need the following items (excluded from your Shapeways purchase!):
- HTC One (Amazon)
- A tripod (Amazon) or a stabilizer (Amazon)
- 1/4 20 nut or wingnut. Best to get it from a local store where you can ensure the nut fits your tripod screw. You can also try getting it at (ebay or Amazon)
Inserting the screw in the UNC thread the first times is somewhat hard as the plastic can be tight due to 3d printing limitations. Over time, this plastic thread can get loose, so you can switch to using the M6 clearance hole with a winged nut.
Incompatibilities with Smartphone accessories
- Other cases need to be removed from your phone while using PhoneMounter that is built for the official dimensions of your smartphone.
- Any phone addon that alters the official dimensions of the phone