Catalog (click here)
Set includes 2 mounts (turrets) with barrels.
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Lighter than the earlier, heavier version designed for battleships, the "Mark 32" version of the twin mount was designed specifically for aircraft carriers, cruisers and other ships where weight was an important consideration such as the post-Pearl Harbor reconstructed battleships like USS Pennsylvania BB-38. It has a noticeably different shape than the earlier Mk.28 Mount.
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy drawings and confirmed by photos and measurements taken from actual Twin Mounts
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- detailed mount captain blast hood
- separate trunnion with integrated barrels to allow the modeler to choose any realistic elevation
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- bolt-heads in accurate locations
Carried by the following ships and classes:
- USS Nevada BB-36 (reconstructed)
- USS Tennesee BB-43 (reconstructed)
- USS California BB-44 (reconstructed)
- USS Maryland BB-46 (reconstructed - very late-war)
- USS West Virginia BB-48 (reconstructed)
- USS Pennsylvania BB-38 (reconstructed)
- USS Saratoga CV-3, post-1942 refit
- Essex class
- Alaska class
- Atlanta class
- Baltimore class
- Cleveland class
- various auxiliaries