Catalog of over 2500 products for scale modelers (click here).
Includes 1 main deck turret. Barrels are available separately, link:
This scale Twin 14 inch/45 caliber Gun Turret is designed for models of New York class battleships USS New York BB-34 and USS Texas BB-35. These ships had five twin turrets. This version represents one of the three turrets located on the main deck, Turrets Numbers 1, 3 & 5.
- scaled from actual builders blueprints of the turret, dated 1914, and US Navy Bureau of Ordnance pamphlet O.P. 1112, 2nd Revision, dated January, 1945
- measurements and location of features confirmed from wartime and present-day photos of USS Texas BB-35, preserved as a museum ship
- accurate turret side and glacis curvature
- properly raised turret roof panel
- detailed turret roof access hatches with dog and hinge detail
- turret roof rain gutter/deflector just aft of the glacis
- subcaliber training device mounting plate located just aft of the glacis on the turret roof
- accurately positioned and shaped gun openings with buckler (bloomer/blast bag) attachment frames
- crew access hatch (aka "Armored Grating Hatch") on turret bottom overhang with hydraulic piston and hinge detail properly hinged to the front (unlike the hatch on superfiring turrets which is hinged to the rear)
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Material Selection Notice: due to its large size, this model can only be printed in "Natural Versatile Plastic", which is nylon. The model will have noticeable striations (print lines) requiring filling with primer to create a smooth surface. Natural Versatile nylon plastics do not sand easily. This material is recommended for radio control models where strength and durability are important. Customers who intend their model to be placed on static display are generally unhappy with Versatile Plastic for these reasons.