** 9.5.19 - Resin Prints and Custom Painting now available for this model. - CLICK HERE **
This is an N-Scale (1:160) partial replica of a Komatsu PC228 Excavator. This model will need quite a bit of assembly. I have designed it to be poseable and secured with glue once you decide how you want it displayed. See photos below for build instructions.
In the Photos, the RED depicted areas are the sprues or areas to cut.
1. Cut off and clean 2 #1's and attach to each side of #2. see photo of the bucket area.
2. 1 + 2 should form a ~90deg angle to each other
3. DO NOT glue to the bucket or arm yet. Set the new part in the bucket mount as show.
4. Align the two arm, but DO NOT glue them yet.
5. now is the time to decide on your angle for positioning your action. ie transport, digging, full bucket, dumping, etc etc.
6. once finished with 5. you can glue the bucket, bucket supports to the first arm, then glue all that to the second arm
7. carefully place the arm assembly onto the body. glue as needed
8. cut all the red areas off the remaining sprues for the 4 rods #3, and 4 cylinders #4/5.
9. cut and fit these to fit in place for the appropriate arm angles you created
10. once satisfied, glue them in place.
11. the base is attached to the large round piece and glue once you decide on your orientation.
12. lastly glue the tracks to the base.