<div id="cookie_notice" class="sw-cookie-notice sw--padding-vert-4 sw--padding-hor-1 sw-dms--box-shadow--big">
<div class="sw-dms--color-white sw-grid-flex sw-grid-flex--wrap-mob sw-grid-flex--wrap--tab">
<div class="sw-cookie-notice__text--mob sw--padding-left-8 sw--font-size-14 sw-grid-flex__cell-5-7 sw-grid-flex__cell-1-1--mob sw-grid-flex__cell-1-1--tab">
<div class="sw-grid-flex__cell-2-7 sw-grid-flex__cell-1-1--mob sw-grid-flex__cell-1-1--tab">
<a class="sw-dms-button noty_close sw--padding-hor-7 sw--position-absolute sw--position-right sw--margin-right-13 sw--hide-mobile sw--hide-tablet" data-sw-set-cookie="euCookie">OK</a>
<a class="sw-cookie-notice__btn--mob sw-cookie-notice__btn--tab sw-dms-button noty_close sw--padding-hor-7 sw--margin-vert-3 sw--hide-desktop" data-sw-set-cookie="euCookie">OK</a>
3D printed in white nylon plastic with a matte finish and slight grainy feel.
BR Class 306 EMU
The British Rail Class 306 was introduced in 1949. It consisted of 92 three-car trains which were used on newly electrified suburban lines between Shenfield and London Liverpool Street.
Class 306 trains were built to a pre-World War II LNER design by Metro Cammell
When built the trains were energised at 1,500 V direct current (DC) which was collected from overhead wires by a diamond pantograph located above the cab on the Motor Brake Second Open (MBSO) vehicle.
In the early 1960s the overhead wires were re-energised at 25,000 V alternating current (AC) (and 6,250 V AC in the London area) and the trains were rebuilt to use this very different electrical system. The pantograph, now a more modern Stone Faiveley AMBR design, was moved to the roof of this carriage, which reduced the headroom inside the train, so the the guard's compartment was relocated to be directly below the
The Class 306 trains were withdrawn in the early 1980s, and one unit, 306017, has been preserved.