1:160 (N) - SHERMAN TANK M4a1
This is a small scalemodel of the famous American Sherman M4a1 tank for N scale model railroads. It can be used as a load on flat rail cars for military shipment by freight train, perhaps as a monument in a small village, part of a movie-set or in a battle scene... The 'M4a1' version was the first Sherman in U.S. service (first appearance: North African campaign). Link to my other 1/160 models
The model is designed to be printed in 3 parts;
- The turret can be rotated in any direction.
- The barrel has to be glued in place, so you can place it in any position you like.
- The hull is designed with soft rounded forms, typical for the M4a1 version.
- Model is based on blueprints to maximize accuracy.
- Designed and optimized for shapeways to produce it as cheap as possible in 'frosted detail'.
Before painting, always degrease your model in a glass of lukewarm water and a drop of dishwashing soap (do not use a dishwasher!). Allow it to dry completely before painting.
Aplie a thin layer of paint, and use 'drybrush' techniques to bring the detail alive.
If you don't have a lot of experience; watch multiple 'tutorials' on youtube about painting model tanks. You can't rush art, so be patient and take your time to finish the model ;).
1:160 is N-scale for model railroads.
Thanks for stopping by & have fun!
* Like or share if you care! :)