Trench Shield - Trench Protection 1-87 HO Scale
Trench Shield is a device to help protect works in trenches from collapses which result in death and injuries every year. Trench Shield can be disassembled for hauling purposes. Prior to use they are assembled then lowered by typical excavation equipment used to dig the same trenches.
When complete they are removed and disassembled again to be hauled away.
This model has the same details as the real thing.
It has been appropriately scaled to 1/87 and includes the following details.
- An escape ladder.
- Two holes at top of device at the ladder location so bars can be inserted for hand holds for ladder use.
- Hoist points so chains can be used to move device.
- Spacing Pipes to allow assembly and disassembly of device.
- Spaded points on bottom, like real device.
- Anchor holes on bottom for securing parts during transport.
Model is available in different color options.
- Remove piping sprew from main piece.
- Cut both left and right pieces apart but cutting sprues in the middle. DO NOT CUT FLUSH AT MAIN PIECE. These sprue pieces will be used for fitting the pipes.
- Finish removing all pipes from the sprues.
- Glue pipes on to sprues on main pieces or leave unglued so you can use as a load on a trailer.
Have questions? Contact us for questions or request for models.
Please look at our other models available.