Introduced in 1915, 22 P-Types were built and were flown by both the German Army and Navy. Amongst the most famous was navy ship L13 which, under the command of Heinrich Mathy “the greatest airship commander of the war”, delivered some of his most damaging bombing raids on London. For defence it carried machine guns in both the rear power car and front control gondola as well as having a three gun position on the top front of the hull. Length: 536ft/163.5m; Powerplant: 4 x 210hp/157kW Maybach C-X petrol engines; Crew: 18; Range 2,670mile/4,300km.
There is a 1.9mm diameter hole for a support rod, accessible through the rear bombay doors opening.
PLEASE NOTE: This version of the P-Type is designed to be printed in "Fine Detail" premium plastics (either "Smooth" or "Smoothest"). A more affordable version, in "Strong and Flexible" plastic is available HERE