I want to thank all my shapeways clients all over the world and many of you that have been extremely helpful in evaluating my work and collaborating with me by providing feedback to make the Typhoon H freaking Awesome!
The product being sold is a physical 3d printed design I generated with feedback from the copter flying community. The design is intended to fit within the existing retractable landing gear mechanism with no modification needed to the hexacopter.
SHAPEWAYS ONLY SELLS THE 3D PRINTED PART YOU NEED TO SOURCE YOUR OWN CARBON FIBER RODS AND END CAPS TO COMPLETE THE DESIGN:
This setup is very economical and requires you buy 3/16" OR 5MM diameter rod. Get creative you can use just about anything, eg, carbon fiber, wood dowel, aluminum tube, copper tube, pvc, etc.
This is going to be available for 6mm, 7mm, 8mm carbon fiber rods too! If interested let me know and i'll upload the design.
This design improves on several categories over the factory setup.
1. Minimizes air foil drag of downward propulsion
2. Utilizes a strong and effective geometrical triangular design inspired by chopsticks (Unique hugh)
3. Reduces weight of landing gear
4. Maintains the lowest point of the camera at 2.25" above the launch surface to minimize grass and rocks obstructions also protects it in the event of a crash
5. Indestructible! I actually broke off the aluminum landing gear trying to purposely break my design. The 3d print and carbon fiber tube are really tough for its designed operation.
6. Triangular design absorbs harsh landings by allowing a controlled structural flex to the carbon fiber rods.
7. Same high gloss carbon fiber look to maintain an elegant appearance.
8. Rods are removable for packing and transport by pulling out from the 3d printed adapter.
CALL 305 834 292 NINE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS