1:144 - GERMAN TIGER I TANK (Panzerkampfwagen VI)
This is a scalemodel of the famous German Tiger I tank for 1:144 WW2 dioramas.
With it's large gun and thick armour, this tank was very difficult to destroy by the American Sherman- and Russian T-34 tanks. The Tiger I was used in the movie 'Fury' (2014)
with Brad Pitt
. Link to my other 1/144 models
The model is designed to be printed in 5 parts
- The turret can be rotated in any direction.
- The barrel has to be glued in place, so you can place it in any position you like.
- Option : 2 hatch pieces; closed hatch and open hatch with German tank commander.
- Model is based on blueprints to maximize accuracy.
- Designed and optimized for shapeways to produce it as cheap as possible.
- Provided with lots of details.
Before painting, always degrease your model in a glass of lukewarm water and a drop of dishwashing soap (do not use a dishwasher!)
. Allow it to dry completely before painting.
Aplie a thin layer of paint, use 'drybrush' techniques to bring the detail alive.
If you don't have a lot of experience; watch multiple 'tutorials' on youtube about painting model airplanes and tanks. You can't rush art, so be patient and take your time to finish the model ;).
1:144 is a popular scale for aircraft and half the size of 1:72 models. It's a great scale when creating large dioramas with multiple models in one scene, especially if you don't have much space available. You can combine tanks, airplanes, vehicles, buildings... to create an epic historical battle landscape. (Normandy, Battle of the bulge,...)
Also very small diorama's with just one vehicule can be an intriguing 'eye-catcher' on your desk.
Thanks for stopping by & have fun!
* Like or share if you care! :)
* 3D model updated march 18 2016 : New pose tank commander + new turret/hull connection.