<div id="cookie_notice" class="sw-cookie-notice sw--padding-vert-4 sw--padding-hor-1 sw-dms--box-shadow--big">
<div class="sw-dms--color-white sw-grid-flex sw-grid-flex--wrap-mob sw-grid-flex--wrap--tab">
<div class="sw-cookie-notice__text--mob sw--padding-left-8 sw--font-size-14 sw-grid-flex__cell-5-7 sw-grid-flex__cell-1-1--mob sw-grid-flex__cell-1-1--tab">
<div class="sw-grid-flex__cell-2-7 sw-grid-flex__cell-1-1--mob sw-grid-flex__cell-1-1--tab">
<a class="sw-dms-button noty_close sw--padding-hor-7 sw--position-absolute sw--position-right sw--margin-right-13 sw--hide-mobile sw--hide-tablet" data-sw-set-cookie="euCookie">OK</a>
<a class="sw-cookie-notice__btn--mob sw-cookie-notice__btn--tab sw-dms-button noty_close sw--padding-hor-7 sw--margin-vert-3 sw--hide-desktop" data-sw-set-cookie="euCookie">OK</a>
3D printed in matte translucent plastic that showcases incredibly fine and intricate details.
This kit was designed for the Kato GP35. This buffer plate is scale height and depth. Not scale width.
This is designed for the Kato GP35 as well as the P2K GP30 used on a Kato GP35 chassis. It is also designed to be used with a Sergent coupler. The Sergent coupler has a thicker shank than a Kadee coupler. You can use a Kadee, but you will have to shim it.
1. Plug the existing coupler screw or pin hole with a brass screw. Cut the head off the screw and clean flush to the coupler pad.
2. Tack glue the assembly with a coupler to the frame coupler pad. The coupler height will be to low. Measure the difference against a coupler height gauge.
3. Trim the height difference from the frame coupler mountig pad. This will raise the new box higher and put the coupler at the correct height.
4. Remove the existing cast on buffer plate from the Kato GP35 pilot plate. Take care to open the hole just enough to fit the new draft gear box. The buffer plate should sit snug against the pilot plate.
5. Put the shell assembly together and test fit the new draft gear box. If all is good for coupler height, use the existing hole in the draft gear box to mark where the new coupler mounting screw hole should be.
6. Drill and tap the frame for a 00-80 screw.
7. Open the hole in the lid pin to 0.058" diameter.
One kit will provide enough parts for one locomotive.