You must be logged in and verified to contact the designer.
Early 1862, the Confederacy still dominated the upper Mississippi and the US Army and Navy were faced with the task of attempting to secure their own waterways in the face of a technologically superior enemy, a task compounded by the monopolization of materials and men for the "Eastern" theater of the war.
In April 1862, before the fall of Memphis and not long before the Confederate victory at Plum Point, a lonely USN patrol came across a miraculous gift: the incomplete riverine ironclad "Eastport," being built on a tributary of the Mississippi river. She was quickly abandoned by her builders, who assumed that a larger force was advancing on their position. When they investigated, the Union sailors found that Eastport was docked neatly alongside the machinery and iron needed for her completion. They quickly snapped her up, along with her resources, and sent her back east, where she was completed to a slightly different design.
Eastport played an important role on the rivers, but was often relegated to the worst of backwaters, frequently in hostile territory with very little support, and perpetually dirty. She was well regarded by her crew, and when she had to be destroyed during the withdrawal from the Red River Campaign, there was considerable consternation.
There is very little information as to Eastport's livery; it is likely that she was initially used with very little paint in an effort to get her into service as quickly as possible. However, by the time a photo has been taken of her in mid to late 1863, she appears to have been painted in a black or charcoal grey color with a white pilot house. There is no information about identification bands, if any, used on her stacks.
Note: While you could probably use Eastport as is in CSN service without anyone batting an eye, the truth is that the Confederate plan for her completion was actually different from the manner in which the Union completed her. I'm working on a sculpt of that version.