Set of three BM-24T multiple rocket launchers.
The Soviet-produced BM-24T went into service in 1956: tank divisions were allocated a battery of 12 such launch vehicles organised into two troops of 6; during the 1960s, a battalion of 18 vehicles organised into 3 batteries of 6 launchers became more common. During the later-60s the BM-24T was succeeded by the wheeled BM-21 "Grad", whose smaller but more numerous rockets had a much longer range. Each BM-24T had 12 launch tubes for 24 cm rockets; each rocket carried a warhead of between 44 and 61 kg of explosive, depending on the rocket model. The main difference between the BM-24T vehicle and the AT-S artillery tractor on which it was based, aside from the launcher, was the provision of blast doors to protect the cab windows during firing.
The launcher section of this 1:300 model is separate so as to allow it to be trained: the real-life model was limited to a traverse of 90 degrees to either side of straight ahead. The examples in the photo were printed out in the cheapest WSF plastic, which is suitable for most wargaming purposes; obviously, more expensive plastics will give better results..