Catalog (click here)
Recommended for the Lindberg 1/125 scale “Blue Devil Destroyer” USS Melvin DD-680, Fletcher class. This is a direct replacement for the Lindberg kit's inaccurately shaped and detailed bridge.
This model kit is designed for Fletchers with the Bethlehem Steel-type square bridge having a door on the port, aft bulkhead and no exterior door to the captain's sea cabin aft on the starboard side. The Bath Iron Works-type Square Bridge is available separately. Consult your resources to be sure which type you need.
- overall dimensions accurately scaled from builder's plans
- open, exterior 5'-6" "A/T" door locations per photos of actual Bethlehem Steel-built Fletchers
- open, interior "M/J" door frames
- interior bulkheads with accurately positioned structural framing for the pilot house forward, the starboard side light locker and the cabin's sea cabin
- interior radio, compass and electrical component replicas positioned on bulkheads as found on the museum ship USS Kidd DD-661
- scale, open, exterior 16" diameter airports (portholes) in proper locations
- scale, open, interior 10" diameter airport (porthole) on bulkhead between the Pilot House and the Fire Control Station
- integrated Mk.37 Director tower (Mk.37 available separately)
- exterior airport (porthole) wiper motor locations per Bath Iron Works drawings
- mast support frame
- ship's bell suspended from mast frame
- integrated loudspeaker (aka "reproducer")
- accurate, standard antenna lead-in insulators in proper locations
This 3D-printed acrylic part is designed to accurately represent features of the actual ship and is designed from the builder's blueprints. This is not a 3D-printed copy of Lindberg plastic kit parts and therefore is not the same size and shape. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch may be necessary for best fit. To fit this acrylic part to your plastic kit's deck, please remove any raised locator strips on the plastic kit's deck part. A simple cuticle cutter can cleanly and easily remove these raised locator features. CA "super glue" will bond this acrylic part to your plastic kit's deck.
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.