Catalog of over 2000 scale models and nameplates (click here).
Scale: 1/96 (1/8 inch = 1 foot)
Recommended part to help build USS Pennsylvania BB-38 from the Scale Shipyard 1/96 USS Arizona Hull (# WHU-B3).
These parts represent the three ventilators unique to USS Pennsylvania BB-38 visible forward of 14" turret number 3.
- designed based on drawings by Henry A. Strub and the late Alan B. Chesley
- details confirmed by high-resolution photographs of the actual vents
- exterior electrical cable for the starboard vent's alarm horn
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Notice: this model is designed for Best Cost using the more economical "White Natural Versatile Plastic", a kind of nylon. This material is waterproof and durable, a very good choice for Radio Control models where durability is important. When compared to "Fine Detail" acrylic plastic, available separately, sharp edges appear less defined and more rounded when printed. Being nylon, "White Natural Versatile Plastic" is generally not sandable and fewer types of paint will adhere to it. Care is recommended in choosing a paint that will adhere to, and fully cure upon, nylon. Google "paint for nylon" and "primer for nylon" to find several good choices.
Customers report that "White Natural Versatile Plastic", when compared to "Fine Detail" acrylic plastic, will have noticeable striations (print lines). To help smooth "White Natural Versatile Plastic" surfaces, apply thin layers of primer meant specifically for nylon. Allow the primer to harden. Then smooth the hardened primer.
- USS Pennsylvania BB-38 superstructure, 1935-1940
- USS Pennsylvania BB-38 superstructure, December 7, 1941
- USS Pennsylvania BB-38 funnel
- USS Pennsylvania BB-38 boat crane kingposts
- USS Pennsylvania BB-38 boat cranes (not the same as sistership Arizona's cranes)
- USS Pennsylvania BB-38 vents (not the same as sistership Arizona's vents)
- USS Arizona BB-39 superstructure, 1934-1935
- USS Arizona BB-39 superstructure, 1936-1940
- USS Arizona BB-39 superstructure, December 7, 1941
- USS Arizona BB-39 funnel
- USS Arizona BB-39 platforms intended for 1.1" directors but never fitted
- Pennsylvania class 14" triple turrets, with barrels
- Pennsylvania class 14" triple turrets, without barrels
- 5"/38 cal. Mk.28 Twin Mounts, for converting your kit to a late-war USS Pennsylvania
- anchors (30,000 lb.) for battleships
- USS Arizona Memorial