You can use this rig for 2 canon G1 X (mark 1) camera's to make stereophoto's.
This is how you can make your own stereocamera:
- On the SD cards of the camera's you have to instal Stereo Data Maker. Its free! You can find it here: http://sdm.camera/
- The manual that explains how it works can you find here: http://sdm.camera/sdm/documentation/SDM_User_Manual.pdf
- You also need an swich to simultanous trigger the 2 camera's. You can order that here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fvdk3d/sets/72157624151791739/
This 3d printed part is only the z-rig. You need also:
- 2 G1X camera's (mark 1)
- 2 camera-screws to attach the camera's to the z-rig
- 1 swich to trigger the camera's
In the bottom of the rig is an hole where you optional can insert a nut, so you can attach the rig to your tripod. The nut you need has to be an 1/4" nut with UNC thread. A normal M6 nut wil not fit on your tripod screw. If you search with google for "nut 1/4 unc 20" you can find a webshop near you that sells the right ones.