Fly almost 30 minutes with the Fuselage Upgrade Kit v2.0 for DJI Phantom 1. Use your upgraded Phantom 1 as a superior video platform and keep your camera aloft with a GoPro* and gimbal for up to 20 minutes. Your Phantom 1 upgraded with the Fuselage Upgrade Kit v2.0 will fly longer than a comparably equipped Phantom 2 - and does not require the proprietary DJI proprietary Intelligent Battery. Instead the Fuselage Upgrade Kit v2.0 for DJI Phantom 1 uses your stock DJI Phantom 1 battery* in parallel with a nonproprietary 5200mah* to provide 7400mah of total battery power for a quarter of price of the DJI Phantom 2 Intelligent Battery. So fly longer and fly economically.
Due to a dramatic price increase on this item at Shapeways, October 7, 2014, sales of this item were suspended. The Fuselage Upgrade Kit 2.0 is available for $99 to U.S. customers directly from the designer. Contact the designer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on availability.
• 7400mah of Total Battery Power (with DJI 2200mah Battery + Walkera 5200mah Battery)
• Uses Non-Proprietary XT-60 Batteries
• Nearly 30 Minutes of Flight Time
• 20 Minutes of Flight Time with a GoPro* and Gimbal*
• Flexible Battery Configurations, Use One Battery or in Parallel
• Integrated 5-hole Gimbal Mount for Zenmuse 2- or 3-Axis Gimbal or Tarot 2-Axis Gimbal (with Available Tarot Mount Adapter)
• External USB NAZA port
• 360 Degree Flight Status Light Visibility
• Snap Together Design - No Permanent Modification of the Phantom 1 Required
• Prop-Free Video
• Internal Wire Channels in Suspension Struts Between Battery Bays Allows Easy Wiring
• The Fuselage Upgrade Kit v2.0's net weight is only 40 grams after replacing the stock battery door and frame, and replacing the internal USB cable (10g).
• No Phantom 2 shell required as with the Phantom 1.5 conversion
• Extra set of struts included with the kit.
Assembly instructions for the Fuselage Upgrade Kit v2.0 are available at Instructable's website at the following link:
9" 9443 Carbon Fiber Props:
When flying the Fuselage Upgrade Kit v2.0 with lighter payloads, DJI's standard 9" props work fine and provide good handling. But when adding extra gear onboard the Fuselage Upgrade Kit v2.0, which most users will do, carbon fiber props are really required. The flight characteristics vastly superior to the DJI 9" props when adding a GoPro*, gimbal or FPV gear.
These props are not always perfectly balanced out-of-the-box (as reported online and confirmed here), but taking the time to balance and tune them will yield great results and provide much superior handling to the DJI 9" props on the Fuselage Upgrade Kit v2.0. Consider buying an extra set (CW and CCW props) in case the Chinese quality control misses something, or in the event you need to replace one. (Adjustments to the NAZA software gains settings are recommended for optimal flight with 9" props. See instructions.)
4-Pin Male-to-Femail Jumper Wire Extension
The 4-Pin Male-to-Female Jumper Wire Extension is used to relocated the USB/NAZA board to the Fuselage Upgrade Kit for visibility from anywhere on the ground.
4-pin Male-to-Female Jumper Wire Extension available here
Walkera 5200mah 3S Lipoly Battery Pack:
The Walkera 5200mah 3S Lipo Battery Pack has a higher power-to-weight ratio than the DJI Phantom 2's Intelligent Battery. By eliminating DJI's unnecessary LED display, electronic chips, button and extra plastic on the intelligent battery, the Walkera 5200mah battery weighs almost 50 grams less than the DJI Intelligent Battery, while matching it's power. When paired onboard the P1Ultra with the stock DJI Phantom 2200mah battery - almost 30 minutes of flight time is possible. To connect to the Phantom, modifications of the power leads to a standard XT60 connector can easily be done at your local hobby shop.
XT60 Harness for 2 Packs in Parallel:
Zenmuse 3-Axis Gimbal
The Fuselage Upgrade Kit v2.0 has an integrated 5-hole gimbal mount to put your NEW Zenmuse 3-Axis Gimbal onboard. The DJI Upgrade Kit (sold separately from DJI), is required to support the Zenmuse 3-Axis Gimbal.
Tarot 2-Axis Gimbal:
The Tarot 2-Axis Gimbal is a reliable alternative to Zenmuse. Firmware adjustments can dial in the Tarot to match the Zenmuse's performance.
• While every effort has been made to insure the highest quality, and correct instructions, Brian Self Design provides the kit as-is. By installing the Fuselage Upgrade Kit v2.0 for DJI Phantom 1, you agree that you remain fully responsibility for the airworthiness, safe operation and use of the Phantom 1 upgraded with The Fuselage Upgrade Kit. Each pilot must verify the safety of their aircraft prior to take-off and maintain safe operations during flight. If at any time a concern develops about the airworthiness of a craft, it is the recommendation of Brian Self Design that the aircraft be grounded until all matters are fully resolved before flights resume.
• Brian Self Design cannot be responsible for any accidents that may occur due to the operation of the upgraded craft.
• Brian Self Design cannot be responsible for any accidental damage that may occur to the Phantom or parts during installation.
*GoPro Camera, Walkera 5200mah Battery, DJI Phantom 2200mah Battery and Tarot 2-Axis Gimbal not included.