At long last the French fielded a indigenous heavy bomber on July 30, 1918 in the form of the Farman F.50. It was powered by two 240 or 275hp Lorraine engines in aluminum-covered nacelles. A crew of three was carried, with the front observer alternating time between the twin cockpit and the front gunner position. At the time of armistice, 45 F.50's were in service, operating in night raids against railroad stations and other targets, especially during October and November when roughly 4000kg of bombs were dropped on each run.
After the war, 13 F.50 were sold to Mexico, where they were used effectively against rebel forces.
This model comes in 1:144, 1:285/6mm/1:288, 1:600, and 1:700 scales. The 1/288 model includes a pair of detachable, translucent propeller disks rather than propeller blades. The 1:600 and 1:700 products feature two aeroplanes connected by sprues. Propellers and crew cannot be represented on the 1:600 and 1:700 planes.