1:160 - 6x6 GMC CCKW U.S. ARMY CARGO TRUCK
This is a scalemodel of the GMC 6x6 cargo truck for N scale model railroads. The CCKW was a 2-1/2 ton 6x6 U.S. Army cargo truck, used in WW2 and the Korean war. Many variants went into production. The vehicle can be used as a load on flat rail cars for military shipment by freight train. Link to my other 1/160 models
The model is designed to be printed in 3 parts;
- The main chassis with one figure (driver) included.
- The driver cabine, paint the inside first then glue to the chassis.
- The cargo cabine, paint the inside first then glue to the chassis. (tailgate can be cut open)
- Model is based on blueprints to maximize accuracy.
- Designed and optimized for shapeways to produce it as cheap as possible in 'forsted detail'.
- Version with 'front-mounted winch'. Wheels cannot rotate.
Before painting, always degrease your models in a glass of lukewarm water and a drop of dishwashing soap (do not use a dishwasher!). Allow it to dry completely before painting.
Aplie a thin layer of primer and paint, use 'drybrush' techniques to bring the detail alive. If you don't have a lot of experience; watch multiple 'tutorials' on youtube about painting model vehicles. You can't rush art, so take your time to finish the model ;).
If you like to add transparent windows, you could use some transparent plastic film, or a liquid product like this; Micro Kristal Klear. You can also try to use transparant wood glue (PVA), smear it around the window-hole and let it dry one day. It will get clear once hardened. Whatever method you use; Always test it on some scrap plastic before you apply it to your model!
1:160 is N-scale for model railroads.
Thanks for stopping by & have fun!
* Like or share if you care! :)