Four HO scale side sill replacement parts (Style B) used to convert a Walthers trilevel auto carrier flatcar into a PLH21A flat with full height side sill at the trucks with inspection holes added. This version represents one variation on the reinforcement plates welded to the area with the inspection holes.
To clean the parts:
- First, soak the printed parts for no more than a few minutes in Simple Green household cleaner.
- Using a small brush, clean all surfaces of the printed part to remove any of the waxy support material remaining on the model.
- Rinse in cool water and dry with compressed air.
- Separate each part from the "sprue" material that connects the four parts.
To install the parts:
- Turn the Walthers model upside down and mark vertical cuts in the side sills 0.95" from each truck mounting boss along the centerline of the car toward each end of the car and toward the middle of the car.
- Make the cuts only as deep as the molded floor (0.15" depth).
- Make horizontal cuts parallel to and even with the molded floor to complete the removal of the side sill to be replaced.
- Clean up the cuts so there is a 1.90" wide gap in the side sills centered on each truck.
- Install the side sill replacement parts taking care to orient the parts so the jacking pads are offset toward the ends of the car.
- Secure the parts with CA type adhesive.
- Touch up the paint or repaint as needed.