You must be logged in and verified to contact the designer.
If you run a 2wd Traxxas RC and want to convert to 32 Pitch Spur and Pinion Gears (or already have), but the Dust Cover wont fit, this is the Solution.
This Dust Cover Extender works with the 272 Magnum Transmission and Dust Cover (item:3792) by TRAXXAS, which is stock on the Rustler, Bandit, Slash, Stampede, Skully, Craniac and Bigfoot, Brushed or VXL Brushless Vehicles.
By extending the Dust Cover, this allows you to use the 32 pitch spurs by Traxxas and gives enough room so that the spur gear doesn't rub on the Dust Cover. Also, with various colors available, it also gives you the option to add some extra color to match you car.
- The 2 original 3x6 screws will have to be replaced with a 3x10 (lower by axles) and a 3x15 (at the top rear end).
- A 56 tooth spur is the largest spur that will fit within the cover, but a 52 works best.
- Only One Dust Cover Extender is included. Other parts included in the pictures are only for visual help.
- This is the first version, due to its irregular shape, 100% sealed fitment will not be achieved, but it works as intended.
- When using a 52 tooth spur or larger, it will be easier to install if you cut off the small curved part above the yokes (where the drveshafts connect to the transmission), or put the Extender in place before the spur gear.
I have found that cutting off the small curved part and gluing it to the cover (with spots of tire glue) makes it easier to use. If gluing, dont forget to used some screws to keep the holes aligned.
If using a larger than 52 tooth spur, please make sure it fits before gluing. Its a bit tricky to put on over a 52t spur when glued to the cover. In which case, maybe gluing it to the transmission will be best.