You must be logged in and verified to contact the designer.
5.30.17 - updated for changes made to shapeways printing/pricing policies.
This is an N-scale model (1:160) of the MiJack Translift series of straddle carriers. This is roughly the size of the MJ30 (~30' wide at wheels x 40' carry area). I designed this particular model in mind to support the popular Wind Turbine industry. See photos or protype below. This is a model kit and will take some patience to assemble. I've added a color coded drawing to show what parts go where. Feel free to contact me anytime for assistance.
The kit is meant to allow the hoist components to be freely modeled in any location and the same for the Cab/Elect Box. After positioned they can be secured.
**I recommend painting before assembly.
1. Seperate the 2 Halves of the Purple Hoists (top/Bottom)
2. Slide the Top part of the Hoists onto the Green I-Beams. 2 per beam.
3. Insert 1 Yellow Tower Leg onto 1 side of the Green I-Beam. Repeat 1x for the other side. Ensure its a snug fit and is square. Repeat this for the other 2 legs and I-beam.
4. There are 2 different Blue beams, one has 2 end tabs, one has a 1. Slide the Pink Lower Electrical cabinet onto the lower beam of the Beam with 1 end cap.
5. Slide the Red Cab Base onto the Blue upper beam above the electical cabinet.
6. Make sure the Red Cab sits onto its base, ie put the pin in the hole. This is to allow you to rotate the cab to desired operating position. facing forward or faceing inward.
7. Attack the ends of the Blue Beams on both sides to their Yellow Towers and glue them in place.
8. Remove once side of the Green beams so that you can now add glue to the tabs and affix them back together, checking the model is square in all 4 corners.
9. Position the Hoists on the Green I-beam based on the position and type of load you will simulate. see images below. Glue them into position.
10. you can use any small thing thread or string glued to hang from the top hoist and glued to the bottom section to any height you wish. see images of simulated string.
11. If modeling the wind blade setup, attach the large white i-beam to the hooks on the lower hoist.
12. again using string you can connect your blades to the ibeam with string or thin wire.
13 If modeling the wind turbine tower section, you will need to source a small thin banding, possibly a rubber band. connect it to BOTH of the hoists. see images.