This model has the same details as the real thing. It has been appropriately scaled to 1/87. The model is the bed only. The model needs a vehicle supplied by the model builder. The bed is designed to fit a dual axle single cab Boley 1:87 scale truck. Other vehicles may possibly work.
The front hirail bumper system needs to be assembled and is designed to be positional.
The models details parts are on a sprue under the bed.
Detail parts are:
Roof air conditioner.
Rotating beacon lights. (Non functioning)
Loud speaker box.
Work lights. (Non functioning)
Front bumper system.
Note: Some sanding may be needed during the building phases.
Take care when removing details parts from sprue as they are fragile
- Remove the front bumper assembly from the sprue under bed of model.
- Assemble front hirail bumper pieces.
- Paint parts as desired, parts are designed to be a tight fit. Sanding and small drill bits may be needed for full function. Glue and paint will cause pieces to not function take care during assembly.
- Painting other parts on the sprue will aid in assembly.
- Once all paint and testing is complete, glue the front hirail assembly on the the model truck (supplied by modeler) front frame and bumper.
- Add acetate (or your choice for window glazing) to the windows inside the body to add realism. Super glue in place. Other methods have not been tested and may damage your model.
- Remove the hand rails, AC unit, lights and other pieces from sprues and glue in to place on the model. The model has holes in for placement of detail parts.
- Apply decals and other details you may want to add. (Not included)
- Place the main body on to the trucks rear frame test fitting the model to the vehicle.
- Glue the body to the trucks frame.
Have questions? Contact us for questions or request for models.
Please look at our other models available.